February 10, 2014

Just a touch of heart

I was just trying a new way of knitting a pattern (the upperside of this hat) when I decided it was nice to make a hat for the little girl-statue on the Goilberdingendijk (see also an earlier post). So I increased the stitches (and started knitting in more comfortable ways), and the finished it off with a heart pattern.

It is really easy to knit, you need a manyfold of 8 stitches. I carried the yarn on the backside, which might not be a good solution for a small children's hat, but this little girl won't mind.

0 0 x 0 0 0 x 0
0 x x x 0 x x x
0 x x x x x x x
0 0 x x x x x 0
0 0 0 x x x 0 0
0 0 0 0 x 0 0 0

where 0 stands for a white stitch and x for a red one, knit or purl depending on the needle you're knitting.
The finish is first a alteration of white and red stitched, then I took a crochethook and made a single crochet in each red stitch and alternating two and 3 single crochet in a white stitch. Then with white I made a deep single crochet stitch into the white knitting stitches and two intermediate chain stitches around the red.

And here you see the statue with a nice hat. Happy Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to reply? Leave me a message in a reaction and I will get back to you